Thursday, April 19, 2007

Insurance Leads, Try the Phone Book!

I have seen every possible lead proposition and they all are almost the same, might as well cold call. I really love the sales organizations that offer you free leads and then their famous training system is always included. You know the one I am talking about, the YOYO system

YOYO, You're on Your own!

I have been there and I know what it is to suffer through not having enough leads. I have found that many of the leads generated are done so under "semi fraudulent" marketing schemes. The lead provider will ride on the coat tails of a nationally known group who is offering an important piece of information. The return envelope usually is to a Washington DC drop box who then forwards it on to the user.

The problem is our expectation as salespersons; we all want the "hot" leads. But there really do not exist. The leads are only a possible door opener and a chance to meet someone who we can build a relationship with as access to a sale.

A better approach is to accept these leads for what they are and focus on a solid follow up system that drips the prospect to position them for a continued relationship as times change and their situation change.

YOYO, use it to build your personal sales career catered around your personal goals. Find a lead source and use it as the door opener follow it with a system to keep in touch.

Over the years I have used these direct contact lead sources very effectively because I have used them for what they are. They are a door opener and that is all they are. I had to depend on my other marketing approaches to make them a viable option.

My favorite lead generation sources are Kramer and Americas Recommended Mailers (ARM) and others have reported satisfactory results with CIS. If you want a terrific do it yourself program from a great professional look up Russ Jones at pmrsystem.com.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home